I woke him up and told him to shower and get ready for work then to let me know when he was ready. I finished getting dinner in the oven while he was getting ready. When he was ready I had him come into the family room where I had the candy bar poster on the couch.
He read it and then I told him to follow me. I had him stand outside the bedroom door while I went inside so I could get his reaction on camera!
When he walked in he was totally shocked!!
He gave me a big hug and kiss and we both cried.... yes, you heard that right WE CRIED OVER A GUITAR! He was speechless.... he just kept saying 'Thank You!' 'Thank You!!' I had him get it out and take a look at it.
Then we came into the family room and he played for a bit. We ate dinner and talked for a while. It was a great evening together.
Just look at that cheesy grin! He has the giddy/excited look on his face holding his new guitar!
Aahh, the sweet sound of an Ibanez guitar! I must say I don't know much about guitars but this new shinny guitar sounds amazing!
What a good day!! I am so happy Jared loved his surprise.
I think I just scored enough points to last me a few months... or years??
Looks like someone has some catch up to do!!
(I still like flowers... or diamonds Babe!)
Just kidding!!
He told me after I gave him the guitar that he had a surprise already in
motion for me! He knows that I want to go back to school and has been saving money to get me a new computer! How cool is that. I am amazed that he would even do something like that.
I actually went and met with the nursing advisor at UVU today. My news from her was less than exciting! If I started going to school full time this fall I could apply to the nursing program in fall of 2010. There is an average of 160 - 250 applicants per semester, with 40 applications accepted per semester with the average GPA of 3.98 of those accepted!
Sounds almost impossible to me! My GPA is 3.68 which I would have thought was pretty good but apparently not as great as I thought! So I guess we'll see if I change my major or what happens in the next few months!! It feels like my dreams are not as close or as easy to obtain as I would have hoped!




8 comments:
You're such a good wife! What a great surprise!
I've got one of those in the works too. I can't talk about it but it's there...
I sat here and giggled just looking at his giddy face and you both crying over the guitar. I love it. Don't be discouraged about the nursing program still apply they will see what a great nurse you are and how much your patients all love you. It will work out, have faith!
THAT IS AWESOME!!! GO JARED!! what a great wife you have....remember she likes flowerrs adn diamonds :)
what?? you got a flippin Big Hunk!?! I mean candy bar that is.... that's awesome man, you should bring your geetar and serinade us one night, if you take requests, I really love song: Bed of Roses by Bon "Johnson" he he. congrats man.
-nick.
previous post was by my wife, hence the talk about flowers and diamonds, I would never write about that, unless it's guns and roses, and you are slash, and your are cuttin a tasty riff of sweet child o' mine.
I LOVE the guItar--BRADY IS JELOUS! I am right there with you with the school thing--don't give up though. keep praying about it and it will work out the way it is supposed to be. You can do it!!
Davian... DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED ABOUT SCHOOL! My Aunt is finsihing her bachelor for Nursing @ UVU this December and it took her 8 YEARS... she makes good money & her own schedule now so have faith & work hard. It will take time but worth it in the end.
What a sweet wife you are. You're making the rest of us look bad. Tone it down a bit will you!??! :)
Post a Comment